Rural Development Foundation (RDF) is non-governmental, not-for-profit organization working for the betterment of communities, with special focus on human rights, child rights women empowerment, girls’ education, advocacy, reproductive health and DRR since its inception.
Registered under Societies Act 1860
- Rural Development Foundation has a dream of an existence where each person regardless of their sexual orientation and gender identity lives sound instructed, free and safe life. Where equality and respect is a right, not a benefit. Where individuals go through their time on earth making and flourishing, instead of enduring exploitation and recuperating from abominations.
We imagine a world where women/girls and transgender will have full access to the information, resources, training, and employment opportunities they need so as to defeat social, lawful and monetary hindrances, to take part in basic leadership, and to guarantee their human rights.
The mission of Rural Development Foundation is to cooperate in congruity with a higher spirit to improve the quality of life of women, young girls, children and transgender to set up a people-focused structure for strengthening, practical well-being, and a social advancement to manage, to develop a culture of participation and organization and to react to the quick needs of the individuals who are powerless. Rural Development Foundation empowers communities to articulate demand and access their rights by enhancing their leadership and building networks
- To improve gender identity and gender reassignment equality, rights and inclusion in Sindh.
- To enhance the safety and well-being of the transgender population.
- To reclaim spaces for transgender community and end Trans phobia.
- To change attitudes towards sexuality stereotypes and transphobia in Pakistan.
- To offer a supportive, empowering & non-judgmental environment where Transgender people and their allies can meet, make connections, & proudly promote awareness & acceptance of their sexual identity.
- To promote, protect and support the human rights norms and advocate for the universality of human rights, and promotes accountability when these rights are denied or undermined.
- To take all necessary measures to eliminate all forms of discrimination against women and the girl child and remove all obstacles to gender equality and the advancement and empowerment of women politically, socially, culturally and economically.
- To reshape social attitudes and behavior for a sensitive and responsive social environment to address women’s concerns and development.
- To improve the health status of women and advocate for and to promote the rights of women regarding their health and to create an enabling environment to exercise their rights.
- To promote democratic development and practices through human rights and consolidate democracy & democratic culture and strengthen the rule of law.
- To promote gender-sensitive media advocacy on development issues.
- To promote the concept of gender and energy consideration within the context of community life, energy policies and projects and its integration in a holistic way with other programs related to health, education, agriculture, and job creation in order to reach SDGs.
- To promote and work towards environmental protection including sanitation, infrastructure, energy and ecological conservation and pollution control.
- To respond quickly to natural catastrophes, man-made disasters and emergencies and also conflicts and creatively seize opportunities for positive change where and when they present themselves.
- To carry on rehabilitation measures / infrastructure repair and reconstruction in times of calamities and disasters so as to mitigate human sufferings, alleviate distress and losses arising out of calamities such as floods, cyclones, fires, earthquakes, droughts, famines, wars, hostilities, riots, epidemics and other miseries affecting people in any part of Sindh and to provide psychosocial support to them.
- To engage with specific UN human rights mechanisms to enhance their effectiveness, and to reinforce their connections with civil society.
- To strengthen the ability of NGOs/CBOs/VOs etc. to meet their obligation and requirements in an efficient manner.
- To promote peace and regional cooperation and cultivate a spirit of peace and harmony among different faith communities and to celebrate, with openness and mutual respect, the rich diversity of religious and spiritual traditions.
Our focus area is advocacy for women, girl and transgender persons and Human Rights Defenders. We are currently engaged in prevention of gender-based violence from the society, equal access to opportunities for transgender and prevention of forced and child marriages in Sindh. Similarly, we have a separated program for sexual and reproductive health and HIV AIDS prevention.
Country but working in District Jamshoro of Sindh Province
Activities with Partners
- RDF is District Implementer partner of WE CAN campaign (We Can & Oxfam GB) in District Jamshoro
- Started Enrollment campaign in District Jamshoro with the supporting of Alif Ailaan till to date.
- Conducted session on Implementation & Awareness on Sindh Child Marriages Restraint Act 2013 supported by Actionaid Pakistan.
- Celebrated Global Action Week supported by Pakistan Coalition for Education PCE.
- Started signature campaign on Sindh Land Rights Movement supported by
- Replication Sessions on Personal Status Law by Shirkat Gah Karachi.
- Celebrated “No Smoking Campaign” supported by Coalition Against Tobacco Control Pak.
- Focal Organization of Vigilance Committee of District Jamshoro by SDS under Trocaire project
RDF’s links with other organizations
- Strengthen Participatory Organization (SPO) Hyderabad
- Indus Resource Centre (IRC)
- Islamic Relief Foundation (IRF)
- Sindh Development Society (SDS) Hyderabad
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) Hyderabad
- World Health Organization Hyderabad
- UNHCR Hyderabad
- Bhandar Sangat Hyderabad
- Social Welfare Department District Jamshoro
- Jamshoro NGOs Network (JNN) Jamshoro
- Deputy Commissioner Office District Jamshoro
- Pakistan Kissan Ittehad
- Sindh Land Reform Movement
- Girls Not Brides
- Scale Up Nutrition Civil Society Network SUN CSN
- Coalition Against Tobacco Control Pak.